Next week, the Georgetown School of Business will announce that it is changing its name to honor an alumnus who donated $30 million to the school, according to an e-mail sent to all business students by Business School Dean Christopher P. Puto on Sept. 29. According to Puto, this gift is the largest in the history of both the business school and the university. He called the it a “momentous event in the School’s history.” The university will recognize the gift and donor at a Gaston Hall ceremony next Wednesday at 11:30 a.m. After the ceremony, there will be a reception on Healy Lawn at 12:15 p.m. The e-mail said everyone in attendance would receive a “memento of the occasion.” The name of the donor will not be released until next week. Janis Johnson of the Office of Communications, who is coordinating the event, said that there will be a press release regarding the donation Tuesday at 3 p.m. She said she did not want to discuss the donation until then. Even though the business school gift is the largest lump-sum gift in the history of the university, a Medical Center trust established by Virginia Toulmin and her late husband several years ago was worth $67 million as of last October, according to a speech she made at a gala honoring donors last October. Georgetown is not the only business school in the nation to rename its business school after a generous donor in recent years. In 1997, University of Oklahoma alumnus Michael Price, a former mutual fund manager and founder of the Franklin Templeton Mutual Series, donated $18 million to the university’s College of Business, which then renamed the school in his honor, according to the Oct. 1 Wall Street Journal. This year, he gave an additional $2 million to the business school.