James Madison defeated the Georgetown women’s tennis team 5-0 in Bridgewater, Va. this past Saturday. Played indoors in the 4 + 1 format, four singles and one doubles match, the loss dropped the women’s dual match record to 2-9.

The lone doubles match proved to be the closest of the day as junior Caroline Marshall and sophomore Hadley Muckerman fell in a tiebreak to the Dukes’ Sarah Granson and Christy Michaux, 9-8 (7-3).

Meanwhile, James Madison dominated all four singles matches as Hoya freshmen Jordan Botjer and Lara Madonia as well as seniors Julie Hom and Lindsey Manwell all suffered defeat.

The men’s team came away victorious on Sunday as they defeated Howard 6-1. After losing two close doubles matches and the doubles team point, the men dominated the singles competitions capturing all six matches.

Junior Ken Jordan defeated Jamal Ahmed in a close, three-set match – the last two sets going into tiebreakers. Jordan clinched the match as he claimed the third set 7-6 (10-8). In the fifth position, freshman Michael Nelson also took his match to three sets for a comeback win after dropping the first set 3-6.

A strong doubles performance by Jordan and sophomore Jay Brupbacher over Jamar Stephens and Khalid Salah-Eddine at third doubles helped the team gain momentum going into the singles matches.

With this win against Howard, the men improved to 5-6 in dual matches. The women will play again on Saturday, March 17 when they play host to St. John’s in a dual match. The men will play St. John’s on Saturday, March 17.

Related Links

Men’s Tennis Team Page

Women’s Tennis Team Page

Men’s Tennis Schedule

Women’s Tennis Schedule