The Georgetown women’s soccer team will have an opportunity to regroup from its 8-0 loss to Notre Dame with a non-league match at Loyola (Maryland) Friday at 3 p.m. in Baltimore. In the first time that they have ever met the Greyhounds in competition, the Hoyas hope to better their record of 3-6. The experienced Greyhounds have returned eight starters from last year’s Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference championship team, including four all-league selections. They also flaunt two former high school Parade All-Americans in sophomore midfielder Kathleen Shields and junior fullback Amy Goetzinger. Joe Mallia, in his first year as head coach of Loyola, relies immensely on Shields’ ability. “She can take over a game at almost any time,” Mallia said on the Loyola Athletics website. Shields has tallied two goals and three assists in nine games this season. Georgetown Head Coach Leonel Popol also recognizes the talent of Shields. “She’s like a train,” Popol said. “She can run for the entire ninety minutes.” The Hoyas will again be forced to modify their starting lineup with the absence of junior sweeper Jen Neibor. Sophomore Liz Delgado, who would normally be matched up with Shields, will start at sweeper for the second consecutive game. Delgado’s flexibility has provided stability in the back, but she has been stripped of her offensive authority in the center of the midfield. “She’s doing well, but we could definitely use her better in the midfield,” Popol said. With a strained Achilles’ tendon, Neibor’s return remains indefinite. Playing between the pipes will be freshman Shereena Chang. Chang’s [last appearance came Sept. 29 against Mount St Mary’s](http://www.thehoya.com/sports/womens-soccer-surpasses-mount/), where she was untested, recording no saves. Sharing time with senior Abby George, she will be making her fourth start of the season. Against Notre Dame, George finished with a team season-high, twelve saves. As the captain of the squad, she has maintained a high level of team spirit through the team’s disappointments in the Big East. “She’s provided more leadership than we have ever had,” Popol said. The Hoyas, who are 1-6 in league play, have become much more confident over the past three years in the competitive Big East. “Learning to win takes time,” Popol said, “the same as when you learn to walk or speak. We’ve realized that we can be one of those eight teams [invited to the Big East Tournament]. “The season really starts, though, when we play St. John’s,” he said. Georgetown returns to league action next Friday, at St. John’s, as the Hoyas will attempt to beat the Red Storm for the first time ever.