The Georgetown football team rebounded from [last weekend’s loss to Fairfield](http://www.thehoya.com/sports/fairfield-fights-back-gives-gu-first-loss/) with a convincing win over Siena, defeating the Saints, 42-14. With the win, the Hoyas improve to 3-1 for the season, 2-1 in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference. Siena falls to 1-3. Head Coach Bob Benson and his team anticipated a challenge from Siena’s trap-option offense, but the Hoyas were able to adjust to the Saints offensive strategy and hold them to just 95 yards rushing and 157 yards passing. “We did a good job of mixing up different blitzes,” Benson said. “Up front we played really well and we dominated the line of scrimmage.” Georgetown played without its top receiver and running back, senior Matt Mattimore and junior Rob Belli, both out with injuries sustained during the Holy Cross and Fairfield games, respectively. The first quarter ended scoreless for both teams and the Hoyas could not mount an effective offensive series, punting four times before the end of the period. “It took us a little while to get used to [Siena’s blitz offense], the intensity of it,” Benson said. But it didn’t take Georgetown long to get on the scoreboard in the second quarter, however, with junior quarterback J.J. Mont connecting with sophomore wide receiver Mike Mattia on just the third play of the period, a third and seven play from the Siena 10-yard line. Junior placekicker Paul Wiorowski’s kick was good, and the Hoyas took a 7-0 lead and never looked back. Georgetown continued its offensive dominance throughout the second period, racking up 28 points in the second quarter, while holding Siena to just six. On Siena’s first possession of the second quarter, following the first Georgetown touchdown, the Hoya defense forced the Saints into punting on fourth and 13, from their own 25 yard line. Georgetown junior defensive end John Cupps blocked the punt and [senior strong safety Brian Dwyer](http://www.thehoya.com/sports/leader-of-the-pack/) picked up the loose ball at the Sienna 25-yard line, setting up a 38-yard field goal by Wiorowski and giving the Hoyas a 10-0 lead. But the Saints would bounce back just two minutes later, when freshman quarterback Joe Spagnolo found Joe Early for a 25-yard touchdown pass. Siena’s Johnathon Pirsino’s kick failed, but the Saints closed the gap to four, trailing 10-6. Then, Georgetown continued to roll over the Siena defense, scoring on its next three possessions to take a 28-6 lead into halftime. The Georgetown defense held Siena to just six plays for the remainder of the half and senior free safety Anthony Bartolomeo picked off a Spagnolo pass to set up Wiorowski’s second field goal of the day, a 50-yard kick, with significant wind. “I think it was just a matter of time,” Benson said. “We got used to the pressure they were bringing up front, just hung in there and got ourselves on track.” Halftime did not stop Georgetown’s offensive surge, with senior inside linebacker Mike Melchionda picking off a Spagnolo pass on just the third play of the half, returning the ball to the Hoyas’ 37-yard line. The Hoyas only needed three plays for Mont to find sophomore receiver Gharun Hester for a 16 yard touchdown pass. With Wiorowski’s kick, the Hoyas took a 35-6 lead. Siena slowly crawled back, scoring on a safety with 8:53 remaining in the contest and then taking the next possession 51 yards in just four plays for a touchdown, a 26-yard run by freshman Michael Miceli. The two-point conversion failed and the Hoyas still led, 35-12. The Saints opted for an onside kick after their touchdown, but Dwyer picked up the ball on the 50-yard line. The Hoyas drove 50 yards in nine plays to set up a four-yard touchdown run by sophomore tailback Alex Fonti with just 2:37 left on the clock for the final score of the day. Offensively, Wiorowski led all scorers for the day, with 10 points on two field goals and four point-after attempts. “He kicked great,” Benson said. “He’s worked as hard as anybody I’ve ever seen. I said that if every one could raise their level of play to what he’s doing, then we’re going to be a pretty good football team.” ont finished the game with 171 yards passing, completing 16 of 31 passes. Hester led all receivers with 66 yards on six catches, while Mattia chipped in 34 yards on three receptions. On the defensive side, Georgetown was led by junior defensive end Paul Miller and junior defensive back Jim Gallagher, each registering five solo tackles. A big factor on defense for the Hoyas was the four interceptions from four different defensive players: Gallagher, Bartolomeo, Melchionda and Steve Duggan. “Anytime you score 28 points in a quarter, you’re doing something well on the other side of the ball, too, forcing turnovers,” Benson said. “And we did so, and that is something we did not do in the second quarter of Fairfield.” “We’ve just got to keep getting better,” Benson added. “We played well. “It was a good win to get back on track and go to 3-1.