* Hoya seniors were honored prior to the start of the final home game of the season. Quarterback David Paulus, tight end Bo Cote, wide receiver Trenton Hillier, defensive lineman Matt Korcinsky and offensive linemen (and captains) Ed Kuczma and Adam Rini are among the 21 members of the Class of 2003.

Junior linebacker Andrew Clarke recorded 15 tackles Saturday, including 11 solo stops – more than double that of the leading Red Fox tackler. Clarke leads the team with 82 tackles on the year, 45 of which were solo.

Georgetown scored at least once in each of the four quarters of play for the first time all season against Marist. The Hoyas also scored their second first-quarter touchdown of the year. Their first came in a 25-21 win over Davidson on Oct. 12.

Two Hoya juniors are in the running for All-League player of the year honors: wide receiver Luke McArdle and defensive back Matt Fronczke. McArdle has tallied 1,060 yards on 24 punt returns, nine kickoff returns, four rushes and 40 catches – including five for touchdowns. Fronczke, who has 51 tackles on the year, is the first junior in 20 years to serve as captain of the football team.

After a weekend off, the Hoyas return to action in upstate New York against their league foes, the Raiders, on Nov. 16. They close out the year in Baltimore at Towson the following Saturday.

Marist concludes its season in a similar manner – with two conference games on the road against MAAC opponents La Salle and Siena. The Red Foxes opened the season with their best start ever, going 5-1 in the first six games. Since their Oct. 12 victory over St. John’s, they have dropped three in a row, falling to just one game above .500.

Around the Patriot League

Lehigh junior kicker Matt Douglas made four field goals against Fordham, leading the Mountain Hawks to their third conference victory of the season. The last kick – a 46-yard boot – occurred in overtime to give Lehigh the 26-23 win.

Colgate senior quarterback Tom McCune suffered a career-ending injury Saturday against Lafayette. He sustained the injury while diving into the endzone at the end of the first half for his fourth touchdown of the game – three passing, one rushing. He had 34 touchdowns and 5,219 yards in his career.

Colgate, Fordham and Lehigh are tied for first place after the weekend’s action. Colgate beat Lafayette 31-24, while Fordham lost to Lehigh for its first league loss of the year. The Raiders and the Mountain Hawks face off next Saturday at Lehigh’s Goodman Stadium, and the Rams travel to Holy Cross to put their lead on the line.