For the first half of Monday’s game, it looked as if Georgetown’s women’s field hockey team might snap its four game losing streak. The Hoyas, however, could not hold on to a 1-0 lead as Pacific University dropped in two goals in the second half to win the matchup 2-1.

Georgetown came out swinging, launching an offensive attack in the first 15 minutes. This culminated in the team’s only goal, when junior midfielder Meghan Devaney passed the ball to sophomore forward Jessica Quinn, who knocked it past the Pacific goalkeeper. The Hoyas accumulated eight shots through the first 35 minute period to the Tigers’ six.

The second half belonged to Pacific and Georgetown’s hopes for victory slowly evaporated over 35 minutes. The Tigers evened the score in the 42nd minute when freshman forward Marissa Atilano passed the ball to an open freshman midfielder Megan Hass, who sent the ball to the back of the net. Pacific then sealed the victory when sophomore forward Laura Maurer found the back of the net off an assist by freshman forward Vianney Campos in the 54th minute.

The Tigers dominated the second half offensively with 10 shots compared with the Hoyas’ four. Freshman goalkeeper Caitlyn Faller spent the entire 70 minutes guarding the net and came up with eight saves, five of which came in the second half. Pacific senior goalkeeper Gina Sadler did not have to make a single save during the second half.

While Pacific improves its record to 3-4, Georgetown falls to 1-5 for the season. Georgetown has dropped five straight contests, its only win coming in the season opener, a 5-0 thrashing of Longwood University. The field hockey program has been hurting these past few weeks, and will need to win eight of its remaining 11 games if it hopes to have a winning season.

The next matchup takes place on Saturday, Sept. 20 at 1 p.m. on Kehoe Field, the second in a seven game stand at home. The Hoyas will take on the Black Bears of the University of Maine.