The Georgetown field hockey team evened its record at 4-4 with a 2-1 victory over Towson in a closely played contest. With only 18:12 remaining in the game, junior midfielder Susan Stewart sent a pass from senior back Beth Doty into the back of the net. The goal was Stewart’s second of the season. “I was worried as a coach going into this game,” Head Coach Kim Simons said. “Towson is a really good team and we were playing on grass when we are a turf team.” The game was close all along. The Hoyas got on the board first seven minutes into the game when junior forward Lori Fogliano beat the Towson goalkeeper off a pass by freshman forward Aubrey Bruggeman. It was Bruggeman’s first assist of the year and Fogliano’s second goal. But Towson responded before the end of the half when junior Karree Wright put the ball past senior goalkeeper Lori Sousa for the equalizer. It wasn’t be until late in the second half that Georgetown responded. Simons was quite pleased with her team’s performance. “This was by far our best effort of the year,” Simons said. “This was the first time that we competed for all 70 minutes and it was the first time that we played really well together as a team.” Simons particular had praise for the Hoyas’ co-captain Doty. “Beth Doty had an outstanding game,” Simons said. “She really played well all around.” The Hoyas have now strung together two wins in a row, including [beating Ursinus last week](http://www.thehoya.com/sports/gu-upends-ursinus-ends-losing-streak/), but the team is looking to crawl back into the rankings and will need to put together several more wins. Simons said the defense needs work. “We still need to work on a couple of things. We are still giving up too many penalty corners,” Simons said. “Also, we need to continue improving on team chemistry. We have moved a lot of players around and we are still getting used to playing with one another.” The Hoyas will try to continue their winning ways when they travel to Radford this weekend. The Highlanders are 4-5 so far this year but they are coming off two straight wins off Davidson and Louisville last week. “It should be a battle this weekend,” Simmons said. “They are a aggressive and tenacious team.” The game is at 1 p.m. at Towson. The Hoyas will be on the road for three more games and then finally at home on Oct. 18 against William & Mary.