Despite rumors of cancellation, the Georgetown Program Board will once again show “The Exorcist” this Halloween. GPB had been running into problems because Warner Brothers decided to re-release the movie, recalling all rights to screenings of the film. Warner Brothers’ decision to recall the film came as part of its celebration of 75 years in the movie- making industry. What this meant, GPB thought, was that the movie could not be shown without permission from Warner Brothers. However, according to Liz Marshall (COL `99) of GPB, this proved not a problem, as the film was released in the beginning of October, early enough for GPB to avoid conflict over movie rights. In an effort to commemorate its anniversary, Warner Brothers had planned to re-release this year over thirty films from the 1930s through today. These include “Casablanca,” “A Clockwork Orange,” “Rebel Without a Cause,” “The Shining,” and “The Exorcist.” “The Exorcist,” which chronicles the possession of a twelve-year old girl by Satan, is set in the Georgetown area. Filmed on location, the film prominently features the university and its environs, including the famed “Exorcist Steps” leading from Prospect Street down to M Street. “The Exorcist” has been widely regarded as one of the scariest and most disturbing horror films of all time, complete with episodes of levitation, head-spinning, green vomit and demonic voices. It culminates in a showdown between the forces of heaven and the forces of hell. At the center of the drama are a Georgetown Jesuit and another priest he calls on to perform an exorcism. As the movie unfolds, the battle between good and evil over the girl’s soul intensifies. The annual showing of this classic has been a tradition on Georgetown’s campus for years. Written by graduate William Peter Blatty and loosely based on the story of an actual exorcism, “The Exorcist” has become a cultish ritual at Georgetown every Halloween. “The Exorcist” will be shown Saturday in Gaston Hall at 7 and 10 p.m. Admission is free. Costumes are requested.