Four charges against former Georgetown student Alexandra Torrens-Vilas were dropped last Wednesday after a video of the alleged DUI incident was released, prompting the suspension of five police officers due to an alleged cover-up in Hollywood, Fl.

On Feb. 17, Torrens-Vilas was arrested on four charges related to a DUI. According to the arrest report, she had crashed into a police car driven by Officer Joel Francisco and had a blood-alcohol level twice the legal limit, MSNBC reported.

However, last week, her attorneys obtained a dash-cam video of the incident from the patrol cars that responded to the scene. In the video, the officers state that Francisco rear-ended Torrens-Vilas’s Toyota and discuss how to doctor the police report and claim Torrens-Vilas hit the officers.

In the video, Officer Dewey Pressley said, “Well, I don’t lie and make things up ever because it’s wrong, but if I need to bend it a little to protect a cop, I’m gonna.”

“As far as I’m concerned, I am going to word it she is in the left-hand lane,” Pressley said in the video. “We will do a little Walt Disney to protect the cop, because it wouldn’t matter because she was drunk anyway.”

After the video was obtained, the state dropped all charges against Torrens-Vilas on Wednesday. Hollywood Police Chief Chadwick Wagner then announced on Friday that five officers involved in the arrest, including Fransico and Pressley, were been placed on administrative leave while an internal investigation is conducted, according to the Miami Herald.

Today, Torrens-Vilas appeared on the Today Show with Matt Lauer, discussing the incident and its aftermath. She said she had planned to return to Georgetown for the Fall 2008 semester, but the ongoing investigation had brought this return into doubt.

Torrens-Vilas claimed she was looking for a friend’s cat at the time of the crash. She said she was drinking that night, but challenged that she could have been over the legal limit. Her attorney, Mark Gold, said that the new information from the video brings the entire incident into question.

“We have to question the validity of this entire incident,” Gold told Lauer. “Dewey Pressley is the same person who administered the breath test.”

Gold further said that he would be considering a civil lawsuit seeking punitive damages.

Torrens-Vilas could not be reached for comment.”