DPS Blotter

Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2011

Theft, Davis Center, 9:30 p.m.

A student reported that he chained his bicycle to the wheelchair ramp in the Davis Center. When he returned to retrieve his bicycle, he noticed that his bike was missing and the lock was cut. There are no suspects or witnesses.

Thursday, Sept. 22, 2011

Theft, Basic Science Building, 5:00 p.m.

A faculty member reported that a laptop was missing from a teaching lab. Currently, there are no suspects or witnesses. The case is under investigation.

Burglary, Car Barn, 1:45 p.m.

A staff member reported that his laptop was stolen from his office area. The staff member is not sure if he closed the door behind him before leaving. There are no suspects or witnesses. The case is under investigation.

Burglary, 1300 Block of 35th Street, 4:00 p.m.

A student reported that he left his residence at 2:00 p.m., and when he returned two hours later, he found his laptop, iPod and gym bag missing from his residence. MPD is handling the investigation.

Friday, Sept. 23, 2011

Robbery, 1300 Block of 37th Street, 12:35 p.m.

A taxi driver reported that he gave a ride to three individuals from an off campus location to 37th and O Streets NW. One of the individuals snatched currency from the complainant’s hand as he was making change. All three individuals fled toward the main campus. The case is being investigated by MPD and DPS.

Destruction of Property, Hariri Building, 8:30 p.m.

An employee reported that (an) unknown person(s) tried to pry open a locked desk drawer in her office. There are no suspects or witnesses.

Saturday, Sept. 24, 2011

Drug Violation, 3600 Block of N Street, 12:20 a.m.

While on bike patrol, DPS officers detected an odor of marijuana outside the listed location. The suspects were detained and one of them was found to be in possession of narcotics. The suspect was arrested by MPD.

Theft, Village B Bike Rack, 5:30 p.m.

A student reported that she had parked and secured her bicycle at the Village B bike rack. When she returned, she found that her bicycle along the cable lock was stolen. There are no suspects or witnesses.

Sunday, Sept. 25, 2011

Destruction of Property, 36th Street and O Street, 12:39 a.m.

An MPD officer working a detail made contact with a non-Georgetown University student after he kicked an MPD police vehicle. The suspect attempted to assault the MPD officer. The suspect was arrested and charged with assault on a police officer and public intoxication.

Burglary, McCarthy Hall, 1:47 p.m.

A student reported that he fell asleep with his door unsecured and when awoke, he found that his wallet and laptop were missing from inside his residence.

Monday, Sept. 26, 2011

Fraud, Village C East, 1:30 p.m.

A student reported that on Sunday, Sept. 25, 2011, she left her GOCard at Five Guys on Wisconsin Avenue. When she returned to retrieve the GOCard, she found it missing. The student checked her GOCard account and discovered that an unknown person made an unauthorized purchase using her GOCard. The case is under investigation.

The blotter is compiled weekly by the Department of Public Safety.