Wednesday, Oct. 22Theft, Darnall Hall, 3:43 p.m.

A complainant reported the theft of his secured bike from the bike rack in the area of Darnall Hall. An investigation is ongoing.

Thursday, Oct. 23

ischievous Conduct, 3600 block of O Street NW, 9:41 a.m.

An unknown person or persons vandalized the property and furniture at a residence in the 3600 block of O Street NW, by throwing toilet paper over the bushes, furniture and sidewalk. A substance that appeared to be shaving cream was used to write graffiti on the steps and sidewalk in the backyard of the residence. No suspects or witnesses have been identified at this time. An investigation is ongoing.

issing Person/Found, Village A, 12:45 p.m.

On Oct. 23, DPS was contacted by a concerned parent regarding his son being missing from campus since the evening of Oct. 21 and not contacting him by phone. Interviews were conducted by MPD and the DPS Office of Investigations throughout the afternoon. A call from the missing student was received in the DPS Office of Investigations on the evening of Oct. 23, and verification of the student’s identity, safety and his location was made. MPD and the parents of the student were notified by the DPS Office of Investigations. Case Closed.

Department Information, 3500/3600 block of N Street NW, 4:07 p.m.

A complainant contacted DPS after observing a suspicious person in the area apparently watching females as they walked past him. DPS responded to the area; however, the suspect departed prior to their arrival. An investigation is ongoing.

ischievous Conduct, Harbin Hall, 8:39 p.m.

The complainant reported that, on two different occasions on the same day, an unknown person or persons left a box and a pair of gloves outside of his residence, containing what appeared to be fecal matter. An investigation is ongoing.

Friday, Oct. 24

Theft, Lauinger Library, 2:19 p.m.

A complainant reported the theft of his secured bike from the bike rack in the area of Lauinger Library. An investigation is ongoing.

Theft, Yates Field House, 3:20 p.m.

A complainant reported the theft of his secured bike from the bike rack in the area of Yates Field House. An investigation is ongoing.

Theft, Yates Field House, 8:43 p.m.

A complainant reported the theft of his iPhone and silver-colored watch, which were left unsecured in the men’s restroom. An investigation is ongoing.

Drug Violation, Village A, 1:42 a.m.

A complainant reported possible drug activity in the area of Village A. DPS arrived on the scene and encountered and detained two suspects. The suspects admitted to using drugs and turned over the drug paraphernalia to members of DPS. The suspects were identified and barred from campus.

Saturday, Oct. 25

Suspicious Activity, Village A, 1:42 a.m.

DPS received a report of an unknown person or persons urinating off a balcony in the area of Village A. DPS responded to the area; however, the suspects had departed the area prior to their arrival. An investigation is ongoing.

Suspicious Person, Hoya Snaxa, 11:24 a.m.

A complainant reported a suspicious person or persons in the area of Hoya Snaxa. The person in question was begging for food. DPS responded to the scene and escorted the suspect off campus.

Sunday, Oct. 26

Theft, Darnall Hall, 9:37 p.m.

Suspicious Activity, Harbin Hall, 8:07 p.m.

A complainant reported being awakened by an unidentified female who entered her room by unknown means, asking for her room key. She instructed the person where to find the key because she thought it was her roommate. Late in the day she discovered it was not her roommate she had spoken to. She found her key taped to the door with a note that read, “Thanks Hon.” The complainant stated that she was not touched, nor were any lewd remarks made to her. No items were removed from her room. An investigation is ongoing.

onday, Oct. 27

Theft, Reiss Science Building, 3:58 p.m.

A complainant reported the theft of his bag containing debit cards, credit cards, cash and other personal items. The bag was left behind in a classroom and an unknown person or persons removed his property without authorization. An investigation is ongoing.

– Compiled from Department of Public Safety reports. The DPS Blotter appears every Friday.