Cross Country Finishes Second

The men’s cross country B-team placed 2nd overall in the Cavalier Open at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Va. over the weekend.

Junior Felix Chrobog was the overall winner of the 8,000m race with a time of 25:48.90. Despite not feeling well in the days preceding the race, Chrobog followed the team’s racing strategy and finished better than he had expected.

“I ran a relaxed first mile and just tried to stay with [the] lead pack. I stayed consistent and started to pick up the pace about halfway through. This enabled me to catch up with the lead runner with about 800m to go, and I out-kicked him for the win,” Chrobog said.

Junior Patrick Lenaghan ran well, finishing in 7th place with a time of 26:15.50. Freshman John Connolly was right behind him in 8th, clocking a time of 26:26.8. William and Mary placed first with 24 points to Georgetown’s 33.

This race was an opportunity for the B-team runners to gain experience. “It was a good chance to compete and to develop racing skills that will hopefully be used in the future at a varsity level,” Head Coach Patrick Henner said. Overall, Henner said he was pleased with the team’s effort.

The men’s cross country A-team runners did not compete this weekend. Instead, they took a weekend off from competition to prepare for the NCAA Mid Atlantic Regional qualifier this Saturday.