The Georgetown women’s volleyball team increased its winning streak to eight in the last week. The Hoyas had two conference wins last weekend, against West Virginia and Pittsburgh, and a key non-conference win over crosstown-rival American. These wins give the Hoyas a 17-3 record, and a 4-0 conference standing, leaving them tied for. Friday’s home match against West Virginia gave Georgetown its third Big East win. The Hoyas swept the Mountaineers in three games, 15-8, 15-3, 15-10. “I felt like it was an entire team effort,” Head Coach Jolene Nagel said. Strong play came from sophomore outside hitter Kiran Gill, who recorded a match-high kills (17), and team-high digs (9). Senior co-captain Melissa Tytko came up with eight kills, and a match-high hitting percentage (.500), and blocks (4). Junior setter/outside hitter, Elisa Davidson contributed excellent play with 29 assists, eight kills, five digs, two blocks, and an ace. Saturday proved little challenge for the the Hoyas, as they defeated the Pittsburgh Panthers in three games (15-8, 15-11, 15-11). Freshman outside hitter Yulia Vtyurina posted impressive numbers, with match high kills (19), and digs (17). She also received the honor of Big East Rookie of the Week for the second consecutive week, and the third time this season. Gill added 16 kills, eight digs, three assists and an ace. “We were down early in each game, out of substitutions, but the people who stayed in there did a wonderful job,” Nagel said. Tuesday’s non-conference match gave the Hoyas a good fight. The Eagles came to McDonough with the hopes of upsetting District I’s top team, but their efforts fell just short. Georgetown won the match in five games (14-16, 15-13, 16-14, 3-15, 15-11). The Eagles maintained tenacious defense, and allowed little to drop. Outside hitters Vtyurina and Gill rallied the Hoyas past formidable opponent, with 22 and 20 kills respectively. Tytko and Davidson each played well overall, Tytko picking up 14 kills and 10 blocks, while Davidson added 10 kills and 46 assists. Consistent play by both teams made for an exciting match, but the Hoyas seemed to loose all concentration in game four. “We can’t allow it to happen,” said Nagel of the play in game four. The Hoyas were able to rally, though, in the fifth game to pick up their [17th win](http://www.thehoya.com/sports/hoyas-on-a-roll-await-two-league-tests/).