For those students who had given up on finding farm-fresh fruit on an urban college campus, a group of freshmen have an offer you may find good enough to eat.

Mission Three, a business founded by Arthur Woods (MSB ’10) and nine of his friends that launched yesterday, offers students weekly deliveries of locally grown, fresh produce delivered directly to their doors.

Woods, the company’s founder and chief executive officer, said that after an unsatisfying semester of eating in O’Donovan Hall he was convinced of the need for an alternative source of fresh fruit on campus.

“Our mission is to care for the world we live in, from the products we sell, to the ways in which we give back to society,” Woods said.

According to the group’s mission statement, the name of the business comes from its “threefold goal of enriching people’s well being, supporting the environment and developing community.”

In his efforts to make his dream a reality over the past few months, Woods assembled a staff of 20 freshmen, including sales representatives and administrators. The company is working directly with Mark Toigo, owner of family-run Toigo Orchards in Pennsylvania, who will be the group’s supplier. Woods met Toigo at a farmers’ market on P Street at the beginning of the academic year, and has remained in contact since, Woods said.

Mission Three offers students tote bags filled with fresh seasonal fruits, delivered to their dorms and apartments every Tuesday, beginning Feb. 27. Students can choose from two sizes – either a 5-6 pound basket for $10 per week, or a 10-pound basket for $16 per week. Students may also purchase a nine- or 13-week block plan and receive the first week’s worth of fruit for free. The fruit order for each client will remain the same.

Some students said they were not dissatisfied with the fruit provided at Leo’s. Susie O’Hare (COL ’10) said that she would not likely use Mission Three because she already pays for a meal plan.

“I get my fruit from Leo’s and it always tastes fine to me,” she said.

Lauren Dunec (NHS ’10), however, said that the delivery would be well worth the added expense. She said that she would “definitely have fresh fruit delivery, especially to help the community and local farmers.”

The business team has embarked on a large-scale advertising campaign in recent weeks, inundating students with flyers, forming a Facebook group and offering product samples around campus.

Woods said that he would like to be “making a personal connection with people.”

Matthew Sharp (SFS ’10), the company’s vice chairman and chief administrative officer, said that the company is not overly concerned with turning a profit right now.

“We’re shooting to just cover our costs and any money we make would be a side benefit,” he said.

Woods said that he hopes the business expands as the staff members learn by experience.